For best results you should compiled the software for your system. However there are a
small number of pre-compiled binary (executable) files available,
which may or may not work for your particular system.
Instructions on downloading and running a precompiled
See Getting Started for more detail.
- Go to the
page at google
- Download an executable file for your system.
The choices are:
- linux: atlas_*.static: atlas, statically linked (try this one first)
- linux: atlas_*.dynamic: atlas, dynamically linked
- linux: realex_*.static: atlas, dynamically linked
- windows: atlas_*.zip (see windows instructions below)
- Mac: no (recent) versions available yet
- Solaris: no versions available yet
- For best results you should also:
- Download messages_and_rx-scripts.tgz from the
page at google
- unpack the file, to produce the messages directory (with help
files for atlas), and rx-scripts (with scripts for realex)
- To run atlas give the command ./atlas
messages (the argument tells atlas where to find the help
Replace atlas with the version you
downloaded. You can also move the messages directory elsewhere and
give the path to it as an argument.
- To run realex give the command ./realex. You should do this from a directory
where the rx-scripts are found. For example make a directory
myrealex, cp realex and
the contents of rx-scripts there, and run realex from there.
- For windows, download the zip file. After extracting it (this
should happen automatically), move the file atlas_* somewhere, for
example your desktop. Double click on this icon, and then on the
bin folder. Double click on atlas.exe or realex.exe.